Trick or treat, smell my feet
Give me something good to eat!
It’s that time of year again and trick-or-treaters are going to show up at your house whether you like it or not, so why not treat them with as the saying goes “something good to eat”.
SideNote: Trick-or-treating is an Irish tradition where the wealthy would give food to the poor on Halloween night.
Here is a list of the worst items given out at Halloween
Pennies: Who still gives out pennies on Halloween night!? I wouldn’t complain if it was a dollar, but pennies just don’t go as far as they used to. And besides IT IS NOT CANDY!
- Apples: That isn’t candy! That’s healthy stuff! Although there has never been any proven documented razorblade in the apple cases, just thinking about it is enough for me to stay away from them. Besides, this is the night for trick or treating, parents give kids apples in their lunchboxes every day! Apples are a lame treat.
- Raisins: Nope….Uh-uh…Not going in my mouth on Halloween. Unless, of course, they are Raisinettes!
- Stickers: Yeah, SpongeBob and Spiderman stickers are cool, but nobody wants them on Halloween. Now if you want you can give out a piece of candy and a sticker that’s fine, but don’t just give a sticker. Same theory applies to rub- on tattoos by the way.
- Coupons: Even coupons for free stuff are no good. Free Wendy’s Frostys or free McDonald’s fries are normally good, but a kid wants the instant gratification of candy. Besides coupons are annoying first you have to remember to take them with you and then by the time you go to use them they have expired anyway. And then you just wind up looking like a cheap whore trying to save a buck. In case you didn’t know they are on the Dollar menu now people. Say no to coupons.
- Toothbrushes: Yeah, yeah. We all know we should brush our teeth. We don’t need to get that message drilled into us by our neighbors. Spend some money on Snickers, or better yet just pretend that you're not home.
- Little Bags of Microwave Popcorn: Anything that requires the use of a kitchen appliance shouldn’t be given to kids on Halloween.
- Anything Homemade: I don’t care if your cookies won blue ribbons at the county fair or your popcorn balls are the best in town don’t put them in Halloween bags. Any responsible parent is going to dump something unwrapped as fast as possible. Save your energy.
- Mints: I see some confused looks over there, trust me kids hate mints. For one simple reason- they remind them of toothpaste. The only instance where “minty” might be acceptable is with Peppermint Patties.
- Circus Peanuts: This isn't the circus, and those aren't peanuts
- One Hershey's Kiss: Now that's just cheap! I'd rather have the toothbrush.
- Listen, I know childhood obesity is on the rise in the U.S but kids just want candy when they stick out their bags and yell "trick-or-treat". Halloween is one the night that they get to break the rules - stay up late, dress up weird and demand candy from people, don't get all creative or try to be a hero one-child-at-a-time! Save that for your next door neighbor; let the kids egg their house!
Ding Dong, oh good there they are now, go apply your newfound knowledge, and make GG proud.
Posted by oxyjen on Oct 31, 2007
On November 14, 2007, said:
i love this games
Post your comment: